- Born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Lifelong bird and reptile enthusiast, birder since 1966, aquarist since 1967, amateur botanist since 1986, butterfly watcher since 1989.
- Married to Tom Wood (co-founder of SABO, former manager of Ramsey Canyon Preserve, and former director of Fort Worth Nature Center) since 1983.
- Arizona resident since 1988, Bisbee resident since 1995.
- Wildlife gardener since 1985, catering particularly to hummingbirds and butterflies
- “Mom” to Jesse, a 28-year-old captive-bred Congo African Grey Parrot; Sibella, a large lovable mutt adopted from a relocating military family; Lucky Wilbury, an indoor-only cat adopted from the Sierra Vista Animal Shelter; and pet chickens Joni, Grace, Bonnie, Lucy, Dixie Buttercup, and Layla.
- Devotee of folk, rock, and blues (alone and in combination), especially Led Zeppelin, the Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Crosby/Stills/Nash/Young (separately and in various combinations), the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Richard Thompson, the late, great Townes van Zandt, the late, great Warren Zevon, Peter Gabriel, James Taylor, Chris Smither, Steeleye Span, Willis Alan Ramsey, Austin Lounge Lizards, Camper Van Beethoven, They Might Be Giants.
- Fan of the comedy of Monty Python, Spinal Tap, The Simpsons, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- Enthusiastic but not terribly accomplished musician (autoharp, bowed psaltery).
- Student of pre-Columbian art and archaeology, particularly the Mayans.
- Descendant of Scottish Clan MacIntosh (motto: Touch not the cat bot [without] a glove).
- All Amazon links on this site benefit the conservation and education programs of the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory.