- Williamson, Sheri L. 2002. A Field Guide to Hummingbirds of North America (Peterson Field Guide Series®). Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Williamson, Sheri. 2000. Attracting and Feeding Hummingbirds (Wild Birds Series). Neptune, New Jersey: T.F.H. Publications. (out of print)
- Wood, Tom, Sheri Williamson, and Jeffrey Glassberg. 2005. Birds of North America. Sterling Publishing.
- Fogden, Michael A., Marianne Taylor, and Sheri L. Williamson. 2014. Hummingbirds: A Life-size Guide to Every Species. London: Ivy Press. (36 of 338 species accounts)
- Williamson, Sheri L. 2010. Do we see what bees see? In: Zivkovic, B. and J. Rohn, eds. The Open Laboratory: The Best Science Writing on Blogs 2008. Lulu.com.
- Williamson, Sheri L. 2007. Choose your wardrobe wisely: Good birders don’t wear white. In: White, Lisa, ed. Good Birders Don’t Wear White. Houghton Mifflin.
- Williamson, Sheri L. 2003. Good Birders Don’t Wear White [sidebar]. In: Dunne, Pete. Pete Dunne on Bird Watching. Houghton Mifflin.
- Wood, Tom, and Sheri Williamson. 2003. Hummingbirds. In: Baughman, Mel, editor. National Geographic Reference Atlas to the Birds of North America. National Geographic.
- Williamson, Sheri L. 2002. Trogons. In: Perrins, Christopher editor. The Firefly Encyclopedia of Birds. Andromeda Oxford Ltd.
- Williamson, Sheri L. 2001. Trogons. In: Sibley, David. A. 2001 The Sibley Guide to Bird Life & Behavior. Knopf.
- Williamson, S. L. 2000. Blue-throated Hummingbird (Lampornis clemenciae). The Birds of North America, No. 531 (A. Poole and F. Gill, eds.). The Birds of North America, Inc., Philadelphia, PA.
- Williamson, S.L. 1992. The Eared Trogon in Arizona: Behavior, ecology, and management of the “Northern Quetzal.” (PDF) In: Proceedings of the Chiricahua Mountains Research Symposium, 15-16 March 1992. Southwest Parks and Monuments Association. p. 98-101.
- Williamson, Sheri, and Tom Wood. 2015. “Birding Menu” accounts in Backyard Birding Food Guide (Volume 4B). i5 Publishing, Irvine, CA.
- Williamson, Sheri L. 2014. Parallel Universes. Birder’s Guide to Conservation & Community (American Birding Association), May 2014:46-47. [link]
- Wood, Tom, and Sheri Williamson. 2011 Rising from the ashes: The rebirth of Arizona’s “sky islands.” Winging It! (American Birding Association), August 2011.
- Williamson, Sheri. 1991. First nesting of Eared Trogon in the United States. Trogon News December 1991; Huachuca Audubon Society (reprinted in Winging It! July 1992).
- Williamson, Sheri. 1990. Hummingbird feeders: Looking for the next best thing. WildBird 4(4): 47-51. (This article inspired the design of the HummZinger feeders by Aspects, Inc.)
- Columnist for WildBird magazine, 2009-2012.
- Author of feature articles for WildBird, Winging It! (American Birding Association), Birds & Blooms, A.F.A. Watchbird (American Federation of Aviculture), The Keeper (American Association of Zoo Keepers), various local and regional periodicals.
- Williamson, Sheri L. (scripwriter), John Vanderpoel (producer/scripwriter), Jon L. Dunn (host). 2004. Advanced Birding Video: Hummingbirds of North America. Niwot, Colorado: Peregrine Video Productions.
- Consultant to:
- Hummingbirds and Butterflies (Peterson Field Guides/Bird Watcher’s Digest Backyard Bird Guides) by Bill Thompson III and Connie Toops (2011)
- “Flights of Fancy” in January 2007 National Geographic Magazine
- The Sibley Guide to Birds by David A. Sibley (2000)
- The Lives of North American Birds by Kenn Kaufman (1996)
- A Birder’s Guide to Southeastern Arizona by Rick Taylor (Lane/ABA Guide)
- Davis and Russell’s Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona (Tucson Audubon Society)
- The World of the Hummingbird by Harry Thurston (1999)
- How to Spot Butterflies by Clay & Patricia Sutton (1999)
- How to Spot Hawks and Eagles by Clay & Patricia Sutton (1996)
- Hummingbirds: The Sun Catchers by Jeff & April Sayre (1996)
- A Guide to the Birds of Mexico and Northern Central America by Steve Howell & Sophie Webb (1995)
- Trogons of the Arizona Borderlands by Richard C. Taylor (1995)
- The Snakes of Texas by Alan Tennant (1984)
- Birder’s World magazine
- Arizona Highways magazine
- Ranger Rick magazine
- Sunset magazine
- Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology
- U.S. Postal Service
- Pop-up Video on VH1
- Win Ben Stein’s Money on Comedy Central.
- Featured in articles that have appeared in National Geographic, Smithsonian, WildBird, Birder’s World, Living Bird (Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology), New York Times, L.A. Times; in television series BirdWatch (PBS), The Desert Speaks (PBS), and National Geographic Today (National Geographic Channel); in BBC documentary series on the human senses, hosted by Nigel Marven; on radio programs for BBC Four; and local and regional television and radio broadcasts within the U.S.
- Created cover illustration for Nabokov’s Lepidoptera: Genres and Genera by Joann Karges (1985)
- Dedicatee (yes, that’s a real word) and co-subject of “To A Blue-throated Hummingbird,” a poem by by Dr. George Young.